Instagram did a massive cleanup just recently and deleted Millions of accounts. People have lost thousands of followers and everyone is wondering what happened.
Here’s a full report for you.
Who all lost the followers?
If you have a small account with a limited audience, you might not be able to notice the difference. Small accounts have reportedly lost 100-500 followers.
Many celebrities have lost Millions of followers and they tweeted about the situation.
What kind of accounts have been deleted and why?
Accounts with the following criteria are likely to be deleted.
- Inactive accounts: Accounts that belong to people who either lost password of died.
- Junk Accounts: Fake accounts that don’t belong to a real person.
- Bot Accounts: Accounts that belong to robots or show automated behavior.
- Rule Breakers: The accounts that do not follow the rules set by Instagram.
- Despos: The accounts that show unusual aggressive behavior.
Is it good or bad?
If you own one of these accounts, it’s bad news for you. However, if you are a celebrity, a blogger and a genuine influencer. It’s a piece of good news! You just got rid of Junk accounts.
What do I do now?
There really nothing that you have to do. You just have to accept the change and move on.
So far, we haven’t received any official statement from Instagram. But you can find some discussions here:
Let us know what you think in the comment section.